Hello, residents of Huntington Beach! It’s me again, Sylvia, your host for the Huntington Beach Daily.
It seems to have more oil enter the water Bolsa Chica. Also Slapfish said it would help people struggling with food insecurity. Finally there will be more citizenship courses at the Central Library.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Rather cloudy and cool. High: 62 Low: 48.
Here are the best stories in Huntington Beach today:
- The authorities moved to oil spill clean-up phase near Bolsa Chica, we learned on Friday. Although officials believe that a pinhole size leak was the probable source, its location has not been found. According to the HBPD, they “have no additional oil identified In the region. “As of Saturday, the Ministry of Fisheries and Wildlife” did not observe any recoverable oil / splint or evidence of oiling on the beaches. “(Patch, @CalSpillWatch)
- the Slapfish at 19696 Beach Boulevard don’t want you to be hungry, we heard on Friday. If you can’t afford to eat, Connect with Andrew Gruel online to “request a meal”. You can also call the restaurant directly and explain your “to receive a meal” situation. (OC voice)
- the HB central library announced his next FREE citizenship course Friday. they will host it January 5 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.. The session will continue until March 16. In the process, you’ll learn about the exam, American history, and anything else you might need to know. (HB Public Library)
- HBPD announces DUI checkpoint and driver’s license! By putting the ad out on Friday, the PD wants you to behave the best on Wednesday evening between 6 p.m. and 3 a.m. No, officers haven’t revealed the location. (@HBPoliceDept)
- the Youth Volleyball League has finished his season. In the first row Spikes took third place Volleyball players. the The Spikers took the win! If you have young people who want to play sports, your next opportunity will be the Mixed Youth Basketball League. Registration begins January 8. (City manager)
today Huntington Beach Daily is brought to you in part by Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
Today in Huntington Beach:
- Our Northwest HB neighbor needs help finding someone who can replace the fireplace screens. (The next door)
- A Hopeview track the neighbor is looking for someone who takes care of homemade tamales; they want to order for Christmas. (The next door)
- A HB Race Track Streets neighbor found a small white and brown dog off Caliente without a tag. (The next door)
- Our Irby Park neighbor is looking for private Duffy boat rentals. (The next door)
Do you like the Huntington Beach Daily? Here are all the ways to get more involved:
That’s all for today. I’ll see you soon!
– Sylvie Cochran
About me: Sylvia Cochran has worked in sunny Southern California and has been freelance writing full time since 2005. She loves dogs, cats, books, plays Best Fiends (don’t judge), embraces social justice and try to live Micah. 6: 8.