Fall on the coast means all of your favorite fall things to do, and more. Classic red and orange foliage contrasts with the deep blues and greens of the Atlantic, and the menus feature spice and pumpkin flavors alongside fresh local seafood. Make the most of fall and hang onto the best of summer (minus the scorching temperatures!) At Edisto Beach, a lowland oasis just hours from downtown. Here’s how to make the most of that perfect fall retreat.
Bring your dog
Your four-legged friends are welcome on Edisto Beach. Dogs are allowed on the city’s beaches year round, but from November 1 to April 30, no leash is required. Browse the many pet-friendly accommodations in the area and get ready for a vacation in the whole the family can enjoy.
Benefit from low rental rates
As summer temperatures drop, so do rental rates. Oceanside rooms and rentals offer easy access to quiet beaches. Let the waves fall asleep and rest knowing you are getting the best accommodation deal. Our hosting providers are happy to help you find the perfect place to stay.
Plan your trip around fall events
Edisto Beach Event calendar is full in October and November. Here are some ideas to help you plan your trip:
- October 16: Edisto Fall Festival. Celebrate the season with food, activities and crafts.
- October 23: Edisto Tower and beyond. Sponsored by the Edisto Island Historic Preservation Society, this annual tour of historic plantations, churches, cemeteries, and historic sites offers an unprecedented look at the island’s rich history. The self-driving format keeps crowds down, but guides and tours still provide detailed information about each site.
- October 30: Edisto Triathlon. Test your swimming, biking and running mettle in the inaugural edition of this half-iron distance race, part of the South Carolina Triathlon Series. (Organizers expect the race, which includes a 1.2 mile swim with the tide and a fast, flat bike course, to become world famous soon, so Register now now.)
- November 5-6: Cookin ‘on the Creek BBQ Festival. Come hungry for this second annual weekend event, which will celebrate the Southern BBQ with tastings, a wing throw and live music.
- November 13: Edisto Road Race. Run or walk around one of South Carolina’s most scenic coastlines in the island’s 10th annual 5K, 1Mile Run.
The beach is not just for lounging, there are many ways to find aptitude at Edisto beach. Rent a kayak or paddle board, take a dolphin cruise, collect the catch of the season, or take your sweater for a sunset night tour. Find all the details on marinas, rentals, charters, tours and how to book your time on the water here.
For a land route, local rental companies offer golf carts and bicycles for adults and children. (Accessorize your rental with bike baskets and baby seats as needed.)
Pack your clubs to play Planting course in Edisto Where Links to Stono Ferry. The weather is particularly good for golf all year round, and the courses offer superb professional boutique service, dining options and the kind of greens you dream of.
Gather outdoors with friends and family and enjoy the benefits of the sea. Don’t miss the local seafood markets Edisto seafood Where Flower Seafood Company, which make it easy to start the season with a bushel of fresh ocean oysters.
Take Edisto home
Local shopping is vital for communities across the country, including Edisto Beach. Take memories from a wide range of boutiques and specialty stores. Local art, resort wear, books, gourmet foods, and bath and body products will help you maintain an island state of mind year round.
For more ideas on how to plan your Edisto Beach vacation, check out an extensive list of things to do.